Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Too soon to be excited

So I was Googling upcoming movies. And I know it is too soon to be excited for 2012 movies, but

http://www.movieinsider.com/m5625/the-great-gatsby/
GREAT GATSBY REMAKE!
 ... Jay Gatsby
 ... Nick Carraway
 ... Daisy Buchanan
 ... Myrtle
 ... Jordan Baker
 ... Tom Buchanan 

Leo is perfect for Gatsby, and Isla for Myrtle. And even though Tobey is super annoying in Spiderman, I'm sure he'll make a great (albeit slightly dunce-ish) Nick. I can't really picture Carey Mulligan as Daisy, even though she was great in Pride and Prejudice (I haven't seen Never Let Me Go yet). 
No, wait.  I can picture it now. I am so excited. 
YES.


I had an emo stage where I really liked Edgar Allan Poe poems. So I am excited for this. Also, John Cusack is kinda cute.
 ... Edgar Allan Poe 
 ... Detective
 ... Fiancee


Wait, he has a goatee? Meeeh. :/ But you have to admit, he does look a lot like Poe now.

Best for last:
LES MIZ REMAKE! 
http://www.movieinsider.com/m8831/les-miserables/
 ... Jean Valjean
 ... Inspector Javert
 ... Fantine
 ... Marius
Now I don't normally like Anne Hathaway, but since Fantine is supposed to be naive but lovable bimbo that everyone pities, I'm thinking she'll do fine. Hugh Jackman is great, and not because of Wolverine (go see The Fountain, which I should have included in my favorites post. I'll write about it here, then.)

The Fountain (2006)
First heard about it while I was editing a friend's essay for her university class in Philosophy and Logic.
Trailer here, because the plot's a little hard to explain. (Three of the same guy but in different time periods search for immortality?)
YouTube highest rated comment: 
Best Hugh Jackman ever. I wish he was known for this instead of Wolverine. 

The uplifting soundtrack is great for making boring work seem more dramatic and exciting, too. 

Where was I? Oh, right, Les Miz. I'm sure Russell Crowe will do fine, and I looked up Eddie Redmayne, and it looks like he has the right amount of fop with a a hint of douche to be Marius. Hohoho, I should get that phrase patented. 

WAIT STOP
Directed by:
TOM HOOPER? OF KING'S SPEECH?

*spaz*

HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO WAIT UNTIL

In Movie Theaters:December 72012

AND NOT ONLY THAT, THIS IS A 
Genres:Musical Adaptation

Wow, I am so excited. Woah. Woah. What. Woah. 

3 comments:

  1. Wait, tell me why you liked The Fountain! I did not enjoy that movie when I watched it in the theater. =[

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whaaat? I thought it was touching and conveyed the theme of the fruitless search for immortality very well. So sad when his wife died. Why didn't you like it? :o

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY I WANNA WATCH BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WITH HERMIONE IN IT XD

    ReplyDelete