Sunday, October 16, 2011

Book Haul

School is cancelled tomorrow because of flooding, so I opted for blogging instead of doing real work. (shrug)

Went to the annual Book Expo 2011 at the Queen Sirikit National Convention Center yesterday. Been going to these since I was a kid. They made me as excited as when Scholastic book deliveries came to our school. Heh.

Anyway, the three books on the left are what I got from the fair, and the five on the right are what I am currently reading/plan to read.




A Century of Thai Cinema- I always like big, hardcover books with glossy pictures in them. Which this one is.

The back cover should sum everything up nicely. Am thinking of using one of the pages for my new layout.


 I was flipping through, and LOOK! An old ad for a super-long, 2-day screening of an old version of Les Miserables in Bangkok. This earns me +50 nerd points and +80 serendipity points.

 And I bought a copy of the Great Gatsby because this cover is pretty good.

I also bought Ashma, an Shani (ethnic tribe of Yunnan, China) epic poem translated into both English and Thai.

Will talk about the five books on the right when I get around to them. I have to read Dust Tracks on a Road for school. And I received Never Let Me Go from the lovely Mika.

Ahh. Just made new layout, so I'm all blogged out now. I cant find a lot of the adjustments and stuff  I used for the last time, so this one will have to do.

But not before another blackmail installment! This time: Favorite food.

Huh. Picnik's auto-fix is actually decent. 

Maple, to this day, I still do not know what "circular 90-degree movements" are.

Until next time!

1 comment: